From Varij: Saturn Has Now Entered Capricorn!
CAPRICORN IS the sign of Saturn’s rulership. It will reside in that sign for the next 3 years, [minus a brief forward foray into Aquarius from March to July 2020].
And further, the Sun, shortly after it enters Capricorn at the Solstice on Friday Dec 22 AEDT will join with Saturn to set the seal on the birth of a new era where Saturn reigns supreme.
Here’s an amplification of the Saturn planetary archetype to help you gain an understanding of the times we are about to live through.
- the Lord of Karma – ‘as you sow, so shall you reap’
- the Grim Reaper – rules over time in sequence and duration, chronological time, ‘Old Father Time’
- the Father Principle; plays the father role, disciplines, issues orders, lays down the law
- instructs on the basis of precedent, custom, tradition, long experience
- insists on things being done correctly, in accord with proper procedure, in the proper manner, in accord with the formal requirements of ritual and ceremony
- like a fine wine, matures, gets better with age
- ‘old when young, young when old’
- “It takes a long time to become young” – Picasso
- endures, persists, gets the job done, ‘the problem is the path’
- commits, marries, sees things through, completes
- contains – [the skin] supports – [the skeleton]
- focuses, consolidates, concentrates, conserves, retains, stabilizes, crystallizes
- draws boundaries, gives form and definition, as the banks define the river
- limits, constricts, restricts
- delays, tests, inhibits, frustrates
- criticizes, condemns
- hardens, chills, freezes
- contracts, withdraws, withholds
- closes, clenches, tightens, holds on
- gets depressed, heavy, burdened, tense, afraid, melancholic;
- becomes trapped in the past, in repetitious limiting patterns and stories, in automatic reactions based on past experience
- proceeds slowly, carefully, respectfully, mindfully, consciously; with presence, awareness, stillness, e.g Vipassana walk, Zen tea ceremony, making love Barry Long style ..
- lives life in truth, at one with that which is
- takes responsibility, doesn’t complain
- values loyalty, experience, things that last over time; the family name, continuing the family line
- is concerned about the world the children will inherit, and the values they will live by