Byron Shire Operators Snag Five Gongs at Tourism Awards
FIVE BYRON Shire tourism operators have received awards in the 2016 North Coast Tourism & The Legendary Pacific Coast Tourism Awards.
The five local winners are:
- Judith McGilvray Individual Contribution to Regional Tourism: Cameron Arnold, Byron Shire.
- Qantas Award for Excellence in Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island Tourism, Silver Winner: National Parks & Wildlife Services & Cape Byron Trust (Byron Shire)
- Eco Tourism, Gold Award Winner: Byron Bay Eco Cruises & Kayaks
- Adventure Tourism, Gold Award Winner: Let’s Go Surfing Byron Bay
- Major Festivals & Events, Gold Award Winner: Byron Bay Bluesfest
The Winners of the North Coast Destination Network and The Legendary Pacific Coast Tourism Awards were announced and celebrated at a Gala Presentation Dinner at Cassegrain Winery in Port Macquarie.