Bluesfest Searching For In-House Touring Publicist
ARE YOU straight out of Uni and haven’t found a job? Need to earn some extra cash while living the musician lifestyle? Looking for a new career path? Well if this sounds like you, perhaps we can help you find your next dream job with Bluesfest.
In-House Touring Publicist
Bluesfest is a world-renowned music festival approaching its 28th year in 2017 and is held annually in the idyllic surrounds of Byron Bay, NSW. They are currently seeking an in-house Touring Publicist to join the team in Byron Bay.
Bluesfest Touring is Bluesfest’s established touring company that presents over 100 sideshows each year across Australia & New Zealand as well as various tours throughout the year.
As in-house Touring Publicist, you will be responsible for the coordination of outside show publicity and work closely with the Bluesfest team.Key responsibilities:
Key responsibilities:Coordinating outside show publicity (Bluesfest Touring)
- Coordinating outside show publicity (Bluesfest Touring) Coordination of Bluesfest outside
- Coordination of Bluesfest outside show artist announcements
- Liaise with festival marketing team on artist announcements and marketing campaigns
- Writing copy for press releases, EDMS, websites
- Distributing press releases
- Proofing various promotional materialDevising and coordinating outside show marketing campaigns
- Devising and coordinating outside show marketing campaigns
- Pitching and coordinating artist interviews for touring roster and liaise with festival publicist/ record labels/ artist management and representatives on PR strategy
- Developing efficient campaigns, giveaways, promotions
- Reporting to festival management
- Multi-task & work to tight deadlines
- Be highly organised/strong attention to detail
- Have a ‘no job is too big or too small’ attitude
- Have strong interpersonal skills
- Proficient writing and editing skills
- Have proven PR and Marketing experience
- Have strong media relations
- Willing to be available outside regular working hours
- Ability to work in a team as well as autonomously
Want to work for Australia’s number one music festival? Apply here.