Best of the Splendour Gigs
SPLENDOUR is only ten days away and the final milestone has been reached: the playing schedules for each day have been released via the festival’s website.
With some mammoth sets announced (The Cure has a three hour set!)
So what does it mean? If you have tickets to the festival, it means that you can start planning your glorious Splendour 2016 experience:
After arrival, and make sure that you arrive early, set up camp and then familiarise yourself with the location. Ensure you take at least 15 selfies in the most important places: the main entrance, next to Mr Poopie, The Maze, raving with The Amish, Tipi Forest, Bohemian Lounge, Smirnoff House and The World Stage.
Take the time to choose your Instagram filters carefully, and then let the whole world know you are at Splendour.
Highlights will be:
- Chasing Asylum documentary – The Forum – 12pm
- Sampa The Great – Mix Up Stage – 12.15pm
- Methyl Ethel – GW McLennan Tent – 1.35pm
- Nicole Millar – Tiny Dancer Stage – 3pm
- Emma Louise – GW McLennan Tent – 5.10p
- Illy – Mix Up Stage – 8.30pm
- Hermitude – Mix Up Stage – 10pm
- The Strokes – Amphitheatre – 10.30pm
- Cambodian Space Project – World Stage – 12am
Saturday is about surviving. If it’s raining, get your gumboots and poncho on pronto! If it’s cold, find a hairy cuddly significant other to snuggle to.
The main thing about Saturday it’s to SURVIVE it. This is particularly significant for those over 40 years of age that venture into Splendour. It’s possible but it will hurt.
- PLTS – Amphitheatre – 12pm
- Ngaiire – Mix Up Stage – 12.30pm
- Montaigne – GW McLennan Tent – 12.30pm
- In Loving memory of Szymon – GW McLennan Tent – 1.45pm
- Sticky Fingers – Amphitheatre – 6pm
- Will Anderson and Friends (comedy) – The Forum – 5pm
- Matt Corby – GW McLennan Tent – 10pm
- Santigold – Mix Up Stage – 10.30pm
- The Cure – Amphitheatre – 9pm (three hour set)
- Bustamento – World Stage – 12am
Almost there! Sunday is the day to dance so ensure you recover from Saturday’s antics.
- Dr Karl, Great Moments in Science – The Forum – 12 pm
- Melbourne Ska Orchestra – Amphitheatre – 2pm
- The 4’20’ Sound – Tipi Forest – 2pm
- Q&A with Tony Jones – The Forum – 2.30pm
- Remi – Tiny Dancer Stage – 5pm
- Courtney Barnett – Amphitheatre – 6.15pm
- Boy and Bear – Amphitheatre – 7.45pm
- James Blake – Amphitheatre – 9.15pm
- Flume – Amphitheatre – 10.45pm
- Indian Summer – Smirnoff Bar – 12am
We are suffering from an acute case of FOMO, already. Are you?
For more details visit the Splendour website.