Council to Invest $60,000 in Bay Residents’ Ideas
Placemaking Seed Fund: Council’s Investment in Byron Ideas
The Byron Bay Town Centre (BBTC) Placemaking Seed Fund is a launchpad initiative to quickly progress key strategies of the Masterplan relating to revitalisation, beautification and activation that will result in a higher level of connectedness for locals, opportunities for homegrown enterprise and inspiring visitor product. The creation of a Placemaking Seed Fund (PSF) allows Council and the community to activate the town centre and create a more vibrant public realm.
If you can create a ‘buzz’ and revive an underutilised space, have a new business start-up idea, want to showcase local talent and know how to harness sponsorship, in-kind support and volunteers for your project… we want to hear from you!
The Placemaking Seed Fund will provide $60,000 in seed funding towards funding numerous activation and beautification projects in the Byron Bay Town Centre. Proposals submitted must address one (or more) of the following categories of activation:
- Temporary Street initiatives
- Street Planting
- Street Art
- Pop-up Activation
- Façade Rejuvenation
A detailed criteria of all activation categories are available by downloading the information pack provided below. Within this information pack, the following documents are provided:
- Request for Proposals – 2016 Byron Bay Town Centre Placemaking Seed Fund
- Byron Bay Town Centre Masterplan activiation guidelines report
- 2016 Byron Bay Town Centre Placemaking Seed Fund Terms and Conditions
- Byron Shire Council Event Toolkit
- Laneway Activation Toolkit
- Byron Shire Council General Conditions of Contract for Goods and Services
- Byron Bay Town Centre Masterplan project website – www.byronbayourplan.com.au
Information Pack – Placemaking Seed Fund
Want to know more? Join our information sessions
Council will hold two information sessions for potential applicants, which will provide an opportunity for questions and answers and to explore this proposal (and the supporting documentation) in further detail. Additional background information on the Byron Bay Town Centre Masterplan will also be provided.
Date: Wednesday 3 February 2016
Time: 2pm to 3pm OR 5:30pm to 6:30pm
Venue: Byron Bay Community Centre, Jonson Street, Byron Bay.
Ready to apply?
All application forms and supporting documentation must be lodged by 4pm Friday 26 February 2016 (Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time). Applicants may be asked to present their ideas to the evaluation panel following the closing date.
The submission can be lodged electronically or via mail:
- Submit electronically by completing the online application form located athttp://www.byron.nsw.gov.au/placemaking-application-form. Supporting documents can be uploaded as part of the online application form. Please note: the online application form is provided below.
- Placed in a sealed envelope clearly endorsed with the title ‘Byron Bay Town Centre Placemaking Seed Fund’ addressed to:
- The General Manager
- PO Box 219
- Mullumbimby NSW 2482 or
In the meantime, if applicants have questions please email Council direct at firstname.lastname@example.org. Written correspondence is the preferred method of contact and information that is deemed beneficial for all applicants will be posted on this page.